Custom Web Application Development Service
Custom Web Application Development is done by the Deccan Communications Team at Economical Cost
Today’s business landscape is very dynamic and businesses need to be agile and adaptive. A ‘fit all’ solution may support your business needs initially, however as the dynamics change the same solution may become your biggest bottleneck.
At Deccan Communications, we understand your current business needs and your long term vision and provide customized web based application development at affordable prices.
Using our Rapid Application Development Tool, we provide web based application development service to suit your requirement. Our Tool makes Business Application Development extremely simple and enables business domain experts to easily build professional quality web based applications. Applications developed by our tool have .Net as front end and support various databases such as MySQL and MSSQL.
With our in-depth understanding of the Indian Taxation and Payroll, experience of developing application which runs on multiple systems and tools, we are able to develop customized web based applications at affordable costs
What is Web / Cloud Application?
A web-based application is any application that uses a website as the interface or front-end. Applications that run on web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Fire Fox, Safari and Internet Explorer are web applications. Web application runs on a web server, rather than the personal computer or a local server.
In Web applications, pages interact and respond to user requests, unlike basic website pages where the pages are all pre-formatted. The most common example is an online shopping application or banking application.
Most commercial web applications utilise a database to store permanent information such as product descriptions/costs, and customer orders.
What are the Advantages of Web / Cloud Applications?
Web Applications deliver many business benefits compared to desktop applications
- • Zero install – all computers and devices have atleast one browser installed
- • Accessible anywhere – Reach anybody, anywhere in the world.
- • Reduce business costs
- • Centralised data is secure and easy to backup.
- • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- • Direct access to latest information – for all the users
- • Web application development is the cheaper in comparison to mobile application development
Disadvantages of Web Applications
- • Slower in comparison to desktop application as data is accessed via the Internet
- • An Internet connection is an absolute must to run it. Works only if Internet connectivity is readily available.
- • Interfaces may not match the look and feel of a desktop application
- • Development cost is more as the technology involved in development is complex
- • A security risk is involved as data is available over the internet
Which is the Technology used for developing Web Application?
There are two main categories of coding, scripting and programming for creating Web Applications:
I. Client Side Scripting / Coding – Client Side Scripting is the type of code that is executed or interpreted by browsers.
Client Side Scripting is generally viewable by any visitor to a site.
List of some of the common Client Side Scripting technologies:
- • HTML (HyperText Markup Language)
- • CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
II. Server Side Scripting / Coding – Server Side Scripting is the type of code that is executed or interpreted by the web server.
Server Side Scripting is not viewable or accessible by any visitor or general public.
Below are the common Server Side Scripting technologies:
- • PHP (very common Server Side Scripting language – Linux / Unix based Open Source – free redistribution, usually combines with MySQL database)
- • ASP.NET (Microsoft’s Web Application Framework – successor of ASP)
- • Ruby on Rails (Ruby programming’s Web Application Framework – free redistribution)
- • Python (general purpose high-level programming language and Server Side Scripting language – free redistribution)
What are the Processes involved in Developing a Web Application?
- • Understand your requirement and document it as Software Requirement Specification
- • Create the Web Application Prototype. At this stage demonstration will be given to you to ensure our understanding is in line with your requirement
- • Design the Database
- • Develop / Customize the Web Application Module, Libraries and Classes
- • Do in house Testing
- • Deploy the Beta Version
- • Collect your inputs that you share after using a beta version
- • Final round of development / testing / deployment
What is Cost of Developing Web Application ?
There is no standard Price for custom web application development. It may range from a few thousands to couple of lakhs. Once you share your requirement details, we will be sharing quotation for developing solutions as per your requirement including a time line. It is always recommended that you take quotations from various different companies to ensure that the price you are paying for development is reasonable.